I sound like a broken record because it’s so important: building your brand to showcase your personality will skyrocket your success and enjoyment of your business. But what if the idea of being seen in that way makes you more nervous than getting on stage at your first ever speaking gig?
If that’s you, there are a few things I want you to know.
Being yourself in any context takes confidence, vulnerability, and transparency that can be uncomfortable at times, and that’s only natural.
That feeling of imposter syndrome that comes with trying to impress those possible angel investors or the boredom and hopelessness that follows you around when you dull your true self to fit into what you think your colleagues expect of you?
When you build a personal brand with intention, it weaves together your professionalism with a unique flair that can only come from you and suddenly you are free to express yourself and make relationships that are authentic and easy (hello, ideal-client-turned-lifelong-friend).
If that sounds amazing but you’re stomach is still queasy at the idea, here are 10 of my favourite affirmations for overcoming that fear and taking control of your mindset when it comes to branding with personality:
1. “The thing that differentiates my brand the most is me.”
2. “I am what makes my work magnetic.”
3. “I am a perfect match for my ideal client, and so is my brand.”
4. “My personal values are what create my business values.”
5. “The only clients I want are the ones who are attracted to who I really am.”
6. “It is safe and fun for me to express my personality in my brand.”
7. “When I share my real life, thoughts, and personality, I attract loyal supporters and friends.”
8. “My favourite memories come out of being myself.”
9. “When I stop hiding, my next opportunity can find me.”
10. “I am confident in my ability to get results and that is what makes me a professional.”
Which of these will you be writing a sticky note for your mirror, car, or office today? Affirm it by writing it in the comments!